Everything you want to know... and more.
• How long have you been in business?
We are veterans of the wedding industry. Our main performer -- Michael Jade -- has played hundreds of weddings and corporate events over his seasoned 10 years as a professional musician. Having worked with the likes of John Mayer, Richard Marx, Krewella, Conrad Sewell, 3Lau, and others, Michael has all the bases covered in the world of genre-hopping.
A Top 50 American Idol Contestant, and Top 48 Contestant on The Voice, this Berklee College of Music alum has maintained year plus-long residencies in Los Angeles, Laguna Beach, Dana Point, Anaheim, Newport Beach, and has been a part of 4 wedding/event bands and performed at hundreds of weddings in the last 5 years alone.
• Do you perform at more than one event in a day?
We currently only perform one event per day so we can focus our complete attention on making your wedding an unforgettable, unique experience.
• Will you be the DJ/bandleader at our wedding?
Michael Jade will usually be the DJ/bandleader at your wedding, but in extremely rare cases, if he were to fall ill or have some other emergency that prevents him from making it, Jillian Jensen (scroll to the bottom of the page), would take his place. In these rare circumstances, Michael Jade has hand picked and Jillian to step in for him on a moments notice. Rest assured, you will always get premium entertainment from seasoned performers, no matter what.
• Have you done events at my wedding venue?
We’ve played at countless wedding venues all over Los Angeles County, Orange County, Newport Beach and even as far as San Diego! If we’re not familiar with your particular venue, we will contact them long before your event and visit the venue in person to make sure that everything runs smoothly on your wedding day.
• What sets you apart from your competition?
Michael Jade has the unique ability to DJ and provide live music as one of the top vocalists/musicians in the country. We also have a roster of other high caliber performers from shows such as American Idol and The Voice to make your wedding even more special.
• Are there any other services that you provide, such as lighting design or a photobooth?
We can provide anything you ask for. Your wish is our command! We offer a multi-colored LED uplighting package to transform your venue and create a stunning decorative effect. We also have open-air photo booths for you to choose from each with high quality DSLR cameras, an on-site attendant, and all the party props you could ever want!
• Can you provide me with recent couples that I can contact for references?
Absolutely! Give us a call or send us an email and we’ll be happy to provide references from our happy couples.
• Do you have a CD of your music or a video from a prior wedding where you performed?
Of course! Everything can be found on our website, www.MJentertainmentLA.com
• Can you assist me in choosing the music for my processional, recessional, father-daughter dance, etc.?
It would be our pleasure. Drawing from our years of experience, we can suggest songs for each and every part of your wedding that are guaranteed to be a hit.
• How extensive is your music library or song list? What genres can you cover?
You name it, we have it. We have tens of thousands of songs covering every genre of music.
• How do you keep your music collection up-to-date?
We subscribe to a music promotion service which sends us the new hit singles every month, before they are even released to the public! If there’s ever anything you want to hear that we don’t have, we’ll go out and get it.
• If the DJ or one of the band members scheduled for my event is unable to perform for some reason, do you have a backup replacement ready to go?
If for some reason Michael Jade is unable to perform, we have other performers with the same pedigree and years of experience who could take his place. You can feel confident knowing that we will always send you the best of the best.
• Do you take any breaks? What music will be provided during the breaks?
If you choose our live wedding band option, they will take one 15 minute break halfway through the reception, usually during dinner so as to not disturb the flow of the party. The DJ will make sure there’s music playing at all times so there are never any awkward silences or pauses.
• How many band members will perform that day?
Our standard wedding band consists of 4 pieces - vocals/guitar, drums, keys, bass - including Michael Jade, but is fully customizable to your tastes and preferences. Add or subtract as many musicians/instruments as you’d like!
• Do you act as the "emcee" and make all of the announcements?
Michael Jade will absolutely serve as the emcee for your wedding. All you need to do is relax and party! We’ll take care of everything else.
• How would you define your "style" when making announcements?
We have a low key style that keeps all of the attention where it should be -- on you!
• What do you do to motivate the crowd if nobody is dancing?
We start checking the crowd for pulses! We have tried and true methods to ensure that everyone at your wedding has an unforgettable time.
• Do you take requests from our guests?
We’re happy to take requests from guests, but will always keep your preferences in mind first and foremost.
• Can we submit a "Do Not Play" list?
Of course! You can easily submit it online using our complimentary planner!
Pricing and Payment
• What is included in the cost of my event?
All setup and breakdown time, including travel to and from your event is included in the price unless specifically discussed and agreed to in advance.
• How much would you charge for overtime?
For our DJ/MC the rate is $300 an hour for overtime. For our wedding band, the rate varies depending on the number of musicians. We can give you a definitive answer before your date, once you have your package selected!
• Are there any additional fees that could accrue that I am not taking into account, like travel expenses or charges for special musical requests?
There will never be any hidden fees with us! Everything will be listed in the contract and agreed to upfront.
• When will I receive a written contract?
We will send you a contract as soon as you request one!
• How much of a deposit do you require and when is it due? Do you offer a payment plan?
We require a 50% deposit of the total price due upon signing the contract. The balance is due the day of your event. We do not currently offer a payment plan.
• What is your refund/cancellation policy?
If you cancel, for any reason, our deposit is non-refundable.
• How far in advance do I need to book you?
Because of our high demand, we typically book six months to a year in advance.
• Are you insured?
Yes, we’re fully insured with general liability insurance up to $1,000,000 per occurrence.
• Can you provide wireless mics for the ceremony?
We’d be happy to! We can provide any extra equipment you need.
• Do you bring backup equipment?
We always have extra equipment with us in case any of ours malfunctions. We also have redundancies built into our setup to ensure your party goes smoothly even if something goes wrong!
• What kind of space or stage do you require for the DJ or band? If my site doesn't provide what you need, will you make arrangements for the stage or am I responsible for renting it?
You don’t have to worry about it! We will coordinate with your venue and/or wedding planner to make all the necessary arrangements before your big day!
• How much time will you need for setup, sound check and breakdown on the day of the event?
We typically arrive an hour or two before your event to set up, depending on the venue and the complexity of your package.
• Will we meet again before the wedding?
We are happy to meet with you as many times as necessary to help make your dream wedding come true. We’re also always available by phone or email for any questions that might arise!
• When do we need to submit our music requests and event details?
We ask that you submit all final music requests and event details at least a week before your special day so that we can have adequate time to prepare and deliver you the wedding of your dreams!
• What will you wear to our wedding?
We always dress to impress! A black suit with a black button down shirt underneath is our typical outfit unless you request otherwise.
• Do you (and each band member, if you're booking a band) require a meal?
Our performers get hungry like you and me! A meal would be greatly appreciated so that they can keep their energy up and deliver you a performance you’ll remember for the rest of your lives!